Mykonos

When booking this last trip, it seemed like years away. Going to Mykonos seemed like a dream, I had always seen pictures of the city and the beaches on social media as a dream destination. When the time actually came to pack and prepare for this vacation I didn’t believe that I would actually be there! 

Getting there was a little rough considering we almost missed our flight in London. Thankfully the flight had been delayed an extra thirty minutes so we were able to board in time. This started our trip off on a rough note, but I was determined to make it better.

When we landed in Mykonos I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The sky was clear, you could see the ocean in the background and the air had a cool breeze. We got to our hotel which was absolutely beautiful and enjoyed our first day at the beach. 

The second day we took advantage of our private beach and laid out all day. It was my birthday and so we wanted to have a relaxed day and hang out then go to dinner later that night. Spending my birthday away from family and friends was harder than I thought. At this point in the trip I am ready to get home, I am ready for familiar things and foods as well as faces. Not seeing my parents on my birthday was pretty hard. It made me realize how important family is to me and how anxious I am to see them when I get to the Omaha airport in just a few short days! Overall, my friends with me in Mykonos made my birthday so special and I am so happy I was able to spend it there because a lot of people aren’t able to say that they spent their 22ndbirthday in Mykonos with their best friends!

The third day was a little different, we got roped into renting ATVs and riding them around the island. At first I thought it was a waste of money because I’d rather buy a nice dinner or do something else, but once I got out on the rural areas of the islands it was so worth it. It was interesting to see the contrast between the popular “touristy” areas of the island versus the areas where people are still farming and there are small villages you would have never seen unless you went way out of your way. Seeing the way people lived in Mykonos and the old style way of life was very interesting to me. 

Leaving Mykonos was so hard. This isn’t just the end to a luxurious vacation… but the end of an amazing three months. From here, I will be heading back to Olomouc for a day or two then heading to Prague where I will fly out from. This is it! I think the excitement of seeing my family and friends back home will help, but I know a few weeks from now I will look back and cherish this beautiful time in life where I was able to live carefree for three months of my life. 



Comments

Popular Posts