The Beginning Of The End

My time in the Czech Republic was not near long enough, but at the same time I am so ready to be back home. Trying to reflect on my time here can be overwhelming at times because we had so many opportunities and went to so many places. It is also hard to talk to other people about this experience because you can’t put into words what this trip did for me. I was able to go to many amazing places, but I also grew so close to the people who went with me. To portray this feeling and the emotions I have is so difficult because no one back home has been in my shoes.

Going into this three-month excursion, I thought everything would be easy and traveling would be stress-free and relaxing. That is everything but the truth… sure there are times when I was laying on the beach in Barcelona loving life. On the flip side, I recall Emily waking me up at 7am in Basel Switzerland telling everyone that our flight back to Prague that evening had been canceled. We ended up taking an overnight bus that was absolutely horrible. Through all of the chaos of planning trips and actually traveling, I have made unbelievable memories that are almost more amazing than the places themselves. 

The people are this trip were an absolute blessing. Coming in, I knew about half the people because of previous connections or being in the same sorority as many of the girls. I thought I would just stick to the group that I knew, it ended up being that and making new friends that I will be close to when I get back to Nebraska. Being in Rome, Venice, Krakow is absolutely amazing… but it wouldn’t have been as fun if it weren’t for the group I was with. 

Going home, I hope to encourage people to travel. It has given me confidence, a different view, new connections, and so many valuable life lessons. I know I won’t be able to give my opportunity justice by just showing pictures and sharing stories. An individual needs to go experience it in order to understand the magnitude of the experience. I also hope to go home and have a more relaxed lifestyle. I haven’t had data on my phone since I left, so I have had to rely on WiFi the whole time, which has made me unplug from a lot of things. I have also realized that you can’t sweat the small things. Things will happen and it will work itself out. 

Entering my last two weeks is difficult. Seeing the days pass by and the beginning on the end starting is so very hard. Taking on every opportunity and savoring every moment is so important! 



Comments

Popular Posts